My friend, Alissa, had her baby boy almost 4 weeks after we had Grace. When I visited her when he was 2 weeks old, she showed me this bassinet/rocker/lifesaver! It's actual name is the Fisher-Price Newborn Rock & Play Sleeper. These are the things that I love about it....
- #2....When Grace was about 6 weeks old....she had a little bit of a snotty nose. And it was mostly at night that it really seemed to bother her. She would get up every 2-3 hours....not even because she was tired, but because she just couldn't breathe! Anyway....since she was (and still is) sleeping in our room in the pack-and-play, I couldn't really elevate the cardboard insert....and for some reason I was nervous about leaving her in the car seat all night (even though that is wear she does take quite a few of her naps!)....and at very desperate times I would put her in the bouncy seat, but that made me extremely nervous and we still didn't sleep very well. But this seat is perfectly elevated....and I felt that she was safe in it.
- #3.....It slightly rocks....so sometimes when I lay her down and she kind of jolts.....I can sometimes gently rock her and she goes back to sleep. Also....right now she is having trouble staying asleep in her naps. It's like clock-work and she seems to wake up 45 minutes in. Sometimes I am able to go in there and get her back to sleep without picking her up by putting her paci back in or just by gently rocking her.
- #4....It just seems a little more cozy in there than laying her in her pack-and-play....and although I do not have her sleeping in this at night because she seems to be doing fine in the pack-and-play for now (unless she is congested)....sometimes I do think she takes better naps in them. She's able to kind of lean up against one side....it just keeps her a little more balled up...like she's still being held or something. (and this could just all be in my head, but hey, whatever works, right?)
- #5....I do not think that Grace has reflux (and I could be wrong).... but this is a great seat for an infant suffering from relux or GERD.
- #6....For what I feel like you're getting.....the price of this chair is GREAT! Only $49.99. And....it folds up nice and neat so it's easy for travel, too!
After learning about this chair (when Grace was 6 weeks old), we went out and got it the very next day. I only wish we had learned of this chair sooner!
And I really have been debating about writing about this for the past 4 weeks....and finally decided today that I should....because I really do love this product and if somebody else out there can find it useful..... then I would love it.
Oh....and doesn't Grace look so sweet and peaceful in it, too? ;)